Following on collating data from headstones of ministers and soldiers buried or remembered in the Auld Kirkyard a trip to the Burns Monument Centre, Kilmarnock was arranged to access their wide range of resources.
- Old Parish Records – baptism records from 1706 are available for the parish of New Cumnock
- Birth, Marriages and Death from Statutory Records from 1955 onwards
- Census Records -1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901 and 1911
- The BMC hold numerous Newspaper reels with of course the Cumnock Chronicle the paper of choice
- Our focus was on Ayr Presbytery Records and ministers of the parish of New Cumnock
- Here is a snippet from the record of Reverend James Young and his ordination on 3rd May 1758.
Thank you to all at Burns Monument Centre, Kilmarnock for another fascinating day.
- Why not pay them a visit here